Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Welcome to the Nest

Doesn't springtime make you want to just lay in a field of green grass, look up at the billowy clouds and listen to the flittering of the hummingbirds go by? Too bad spring has come and gone, and all we have left is June Gloom. For months, I've been playing around with ideas for my sister's baby shower and ultimately decided on the theme for my own selfish reason--okay, okay, the fact that she loves birds and all things shabby chic didn't hurt either. But, honestly, I really wanted to hold on a little bit tighter to those early childhood spring memories, when we sat and watched the birds flutter outside our window, and wished we, too, could fly, fly away.
For her shower in August, I've chosen a soft palette of brown, blues and lime green to Welcome this new Bappie into their family nest of three. I sure hope that someday he'll enjoy the sound of bluebirds singing outside his window as much as I do. Until next time, keep enjoying those soft, billowy cloud days. Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment