Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Paper made from Elephant Pooh?

I've been thinking a lot lately about paper. Maybe it has to do with the fact that we are looking at various types of recycled paper for our business cards, or my recent interest with card making, but paper seems to be on my mind. During a recent visit to Paper Source , I was completely fascinated (and overwhelmed) by all the beautiful Japanese, Indian and different varieties of recycled paper they offer. I know that Paper Source has made great efforts and is continuing their attempts to offer the consumer a better variety of recycled paper. But, upon leaving, I still felt there had to be something more out there. Upon extensive research, I finally came upon Mr.Ellie Pooh paper. Mr. Ellie Pooh Paper is 100% recycled; made from 75% elephant dung and 25% post consumer waste paper. The Pooh comes from the local Sri Lankan elephant orphanages and the entire hand-making paper process is 100% organic, as there are no toxic chemicals, acids or dyes used. And to top it all off, the local workers and artisans receive fairly traded wages for their creative efforts. Now, how's that for inspiration? Check out their store, and support their cause.
Now, I wonder if Fido's dung will work the same? Doggie bags, anyone? Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment